The 4th Annual Greater Phoenix SCORE
Small Business Symposium
Business and Digital Trends:
How to Get the Most Out of Your Business
Tuesday, April 18, 2017
8 am – 4 pm
Glendale Civic Center
5750 West Glenn Drive
Glendale, AZ 85301
- 7:30 – 8:30 am – Registration – Entry Foyer
- 8:30 – 9:20 am – General Session – Main Hall
- Welcome: Jay Gladney, Chapter President, Greater Phoenix SCORE
- Welcome: Sam’s Club, Prime Sponsor
- Keynote Session: The New “Always Be Closing!” featuring Dan Tyre with HubSpot!
- 9:20 am – 3:30 pm – Exhibits Open; SCORE Mentors Available for 1:1 coaching
- 9:30 – 10:15 am – Breakout Session 1:
- Getting Results with Digital Marketing, Giselle Aguiar, AZ Social Media Wiz: There’s no denying that marketing in today’s digital world is complicated. Whether your business is B2B or B2C, there are certain steps that need to be taken to be effective with your marketing. In this session, social media specialist and coach, Giselle Aguiar, will show you what it takes to get results using the free marketing options available. This session will cover these 9 crucial steps in detail. From identifying your target market personas to monitoring and measuring at the end of every month. Attendees will receive a copy of the presentation and some valuable resources
- Staying Ahead of the Competition through Customer Retention, Steve Feld, Greater Phoenix SCORE: Successful salespeople are far better at building and maintain high-quality relationships with their prospects and customers. How the customer FEELS about you will have more influence on what the customer decides than any other factor. One of the most important things you can do in building a business is to keep customers for the long-term. The workshop discusses developing high-quality customer relationships, the more you will sell, the easier you will sell it, the more money you will make, and the more valuable you will be, both to yourself and your company.
- Making Big Strategic Moves, Tony Henson, Evoc: Every business needs to make strategic moves to grow. Small moves…small growth. Big moves…big growth. There is a time and place for every type of action and perhaps now is the time you need to make a big strategic move to truly accelerate your company’s growth in 2017. Making bigger moves often requires bigger risk. How do you know if now is the right time for you to make that move? This session will cover the 5 key strategies for successfully executing a big strategic move and the most common pitfalls to avoid.
- How to Raise Capitial in 2017, Brian Burt, Snell & Willmer LLP: To start or expand a business, you need capital. Yet raising capital has historically been one of the most difficult challenges that a company can undertake. There are a number of exciting new ways to raise capital! From crowdfunding to “IPO lite” to the expanded “friends and family” exemption, the SEC has made it much easier for entrepreneurs to reach potential investors. In this session, you will discuss how an entrepreneur or business owner can successfully raise capital in 2017.
- 10:30 – 11:15 am – Breakout Session 2:
- Supercharge Your Sales Process, Alex Haimann, LessAnnoyingCRM: If you build a business with a great product or service and no one knows about it, does it really exist? Many critical ingredients go into the mix to establish and grow a profitable business. One of these critical ingredients is sales. Hate it, tolerate it, or love it, sales is critical to your business. Just like any other mission-critical part of your business, your sales process requires planning, organization and deliberate execution. This session will give owners/founders/entrepreneurs in any industry a framework and tools that for immediate use to supercharge their sales process.
- Seven Hot Marketing Trends for 2017, Lynn Ruby, RubyMarketingSystems.com: Online marketing is frustrating. What worked last month, doesn’t work this month. Deciding where to invest your marketing time and money is a constant worry. Good news? You don’t have to embrace every new-fangled trend. We will discuss 7 of the marketing trends emerging for 2017 and help you make smart decisions about which to embrace and which to safely ignore. What’s new for 2017? What the heck is up with Facebook? Live Streaming Video, Podcasts, 3 Marketing Truths Still Apply in 2017, and Should You Bother with Email Marketing Anymore?
- Deliver Value to Your Customers, Ray Madaghiele, Business Energizers: Cultivate happy customers who love doing business with you because you deliver the right balance of customer service, quality, and price. During this session you will learn how to attract more customers, how to produce loyal repeat customers, how to make it easy for your employees to best serve your customers, and how to convert mistakes into “Wow!” experiences.
- Manage the Future: Increase Your Bottom Line, Mike Mobley, Impetus Solutions: Profitability is a key component of the value of a business enterprise. This workshop will offer productive strategies and tactics to increase the focus of leadership, management, and employees on business profitability and value creation. Topics will include the effective use of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), the development of a return on investment (ROI) mindset for all projects, positioning the right people in the right positions in the organization at the right time and understanding the key components of the value of a business.
- 11:15 am – 12:15 pm – Exhibitor Showcase
- 12:15 – 1:00 pm – Lunch – Terrace Patio
- 1:00 – 1:45 pm – Breakout Session 3:
- Getting Results with Digital Marketing, Giselle Aguiar, AZ Social Media Wiz
- Increase Profit through Cost Control, Myles Nanbu, Greater Phoenix SCORE: “Cost containment is the business practice of maintaining expense levels to prevent unnecessary spending or thoughtfully reducing expenses to improve profitability without long-term damage to the business.” We will discuss various tools and activities used to contain costs and maintain desired profitability, while ensuring longevity in the business.
- Understand Future Tax Issues for Small Business, Curtis Black, Tax Professional: Every business owner needs to be aware of Federal tax laws. During this session, you will be provided an overview of many of the current 2017 federal tax laws that effect small businesses. You will also learn about laws that are in place that can benefit your business and reduce your tax burden. You will walk away with information that you can use in your future tax planning.
- How to Raise Capitial in 2017, Brian Burt, Snell & Willmer LLP
- 2:00 – 3:30 pm – Networking Mixer – Terrace Patio