Blogging takes too much time!
However, if you don’t blog regularly, you risk having Google, the search engine completely ignore your website. Google wants fresh, relevant content written for the human reader.
Here are the Top 5 Benefits of Blogging for Business:
- Helps establish credibility and you can show off your expertise and knowledge
- Promote yourself or your business, product or service – build brand awareness
- Build a platform & a following – sharing your blog posts on social media gives people a reason to follow you
- Share opinions, how-to, reviews, advice – help solve peoples’ problems
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – it’s the fresh content that Google is looking for
- Drive traffic to your website which in turn helps build your email list and generate qualified leads
Blogging regularly continues to be a proven results-maker. Here’s what you need to do to get started:
- Really get to know your target audience and give them the information that they need
- Set goals – how many visitors do you want to your site a month? How many conversions?
- Develop a strategic plan – how will you meet your goals?
- Develop a tactical plan – how will you implement the strategy? Use an editorial calendar.
- Get set-up properly with a website that has a blog integrated in it that’s yours and not on a “borrowed” platform. I recommend WordPress.
- Learn how to use the tools properly and effectively
- Implement – just do it!
- Monitor and measure – check your website statistics monthly to see what’s working and not working
What are you waiting for? Start blogging!
About the Author:
Giselle Aguiar, founder of AZ Social Media Wiz is a social media, inbound and content marketing specialist & trainer helping business owners learn how to leverage the power of social media marketing, increase traffic to their websites, generate leads, increase brand awareness and establish themselves as experts in their fields. She’s the official social media, newsletter and blog manager for Greater Phoenix SCORE and teaches once a month at SCORE. Join her on Wednesdays with the Wiz on Facebook Live at 4 pm MST every Wednesday.