By Giselle Aguiar, AZ Social Media Wiz
Social media is on 24/7 and there’s no way you’re going to be posting tweets 24/7!
That’s where two valuable, time-saving, free tools come in – SocialBro & TweetDeck.
SocialBro is free only as an add-on to Google’s Chrome browser, otherwise it’s as little as $6.95 a month for up to 5 Twitter accounts and 10,000 followers. With the free version you can only analyze up to 100 Twitter followers for 2 accounts at a time.
Why do you need to analyze your followers?
You need to know what time zones they’re in. If your business is local, maybe not so much, but it will also tell you what’s the best time to tweet. That will tell you when the greatest number of your followers are on and when your tweets will have the most potential exposure.
Now, that doesn’t mean that 10 million people will see your post. But you will have the potential of having 10 million people see your tweet.
I recommend if you’re just starting out to use the free version of SocialBro for Chrome. It analyzes a random 100 of your followers and that should give you a good idea of their statistics. Check these stats at least once a month. As your Twitter following grows, so will the statistics and demographics and you’ll have to adjust your tactical plan accordingly.
When you log-in to SocialBro, you need to synchronize it with your Twitter account. Then from the the Dashboard, click on “Best Time to Tweet” and SocialBro will generate a report for you. They’ll email you when it’s ready.
“Insights” will give you the time zones of your followers. Here is the graphic of my twitter followers (@AZSocialNetWiz):
Almost 21% of my followers are in the East Coast. And if you look at the graphic above, some of my best times to tweet are 6 am on Saturdays, 7 am on Mondays and 9 am on Wednesdays. Rest assured that I’m not going to be up that early posting on Twitter.
That’s when I use TweetDeck. TweetDeck is owned by Twitter and is free either az an add-on for Chrome, web-based or a downloaded software program. With TweetDeck you can:
Schedule tweets to post at different times during the day and the week.
- Create category lists of folks or companies you like to follow and have all their posts show in a column.
- Manage several Twitter accounts.
- Have a column just for your “interactions” so you can see your new followers and thank them for following, check out their profiles and decide if you want to follow them back.
- See who’s mentioned you or retweeted one of your tweets so you can thank them too.
- You can follow specific hashtags and trends as well as keywords and phrases to be able to interact with people and build valuable relationships.
With these two tools, you should be able to…
- Manage your Twitter account
- Build relationships with your potential customers
- Nurture relationships with current customers
- Monitor your brand
- Increase awareness
- Establish you or your company as an expert in your field
- Increase traffic to your website
…with just a few minutes a day.
Giselle Aguiar is a social media, inbound and content marketing strategist & trainer helping small to mid-sized business owners learn how to leverage the power of social media marketing, increase traffic to their websites, generate leads, increase brand awareness and establish themselves as experts in their fields. As with anything in business, using the right tools in the right way and at the right time are critical parts to your success. Learn from someone who’s known the Internet since it’s infancy. Official Social Media Manager for Greater Phoenix SCORE. Social media training – 1-on-1 or for groups. WordPress sites and blogs. http://azsocialmediawiz.com 602-738-1700