Did you know that certain blogging mistakes can cause Google to ignore your website?
And, you DO want to attract people to your site, right?
What about converting visitors into leads or sales? Of course!
Amazingly enough, there are just a few tweaks you can make to your blog that will make a difference and make 2017 prosperous.
You Want To…
- build credibility and trust
- increase traffic to your site
- entice people to visit
- grow your email list with conversions
- come up on the 1st page of Google
- get visitors to stay on your site longer
- get more sales!
Here are 12 of the Biggest Blogging Mistakes that I see Small Business Owners make. And they are all fixable.
- Using the free WordPress or other free, third-party blogging platform. Having your own website with a company domain gives
- Using industry jargon. You’re the expert, your reader is not. Write for an 11-year-old.
- Not creating fresh, relevant content regularly. Google ignores stagnant websites!
- Not sharing your content on social media. This is the main way to publicize your blog posts. Drives people to your site. Helps with SEO!
- Trying to be cute with your headline. Clickbait not allowed.
- Writing long paragraphs. Boring!
- Not adding the title of the post or keywords to image “alt text” descriptions. This helps with SEO!
- Not adding keyword tags relevant to your blog post. This is what the search engine sees.
- Not proofreading before publishing. Check spelling and grammar. It is your online reputation!
- Not having links to other internal, related content to entice people to stay on your site longer. The longer people stay on your site, the more chances they’ll do something.
- Not having relevant external links. Link to related sources or quote or other articles. This actually helps with SEO.
- Leaving default widgets like “archives”. No one is going to look for what your wrote on a specific day. They’re looking for topics.
If You’re Making More Than 1 of These, then you need to Attend one of my SCORE classes! Click here for the Schedule.
About the Author:
Giselle Aguiar, founder of AZ Social Media Wiz is a social media, inbound and content marketing specialist & trainer helping small business owners learn how to leverage the power of social media marketing, increase traffic to their websites, generate leads, increase brand awareness and establish themselves as experts in their fields. She’s the official social media, newsletter and blog manager for Greater Phoenix SCORE and teaches once a month at SCORE. She recently launched the Social Savvy Solution offering online, on-demand, easy-to-understand social media marketing tutorials. Helping the little guy get social savvy! You can connect with Giselle online at LinkedIn or on Google . Download a free ebook more mistakes you could be making!