Marketing is what you do to make the phone ring, the emails to come into your inbox and the people come to your website.
Sales happen when you answer the phone, reply to the email, or convert the visitor into a customer.
The two work together. Can’t have a successful business without both.
In this video from Entrepreneur Magazine, sales expert Perry Marshall explains the 80/20 rule:
- Selling is taking a position on how a problem can be solved.
- You need to really believe in what you sell – be passionate about your product or service.
- You need to know what you Return on Investment (ROI) on your marketing is. Measuring what’s working and what’s not working. This applies to both paid advertising and “organic” (unpaid) marketing.
- You need to create “raving fans”.
- In e-commerce, get the traffic, convert the traffic into sales, then take the dollars and re-invest it in more traffic (advertising/marketing)
At Greater Phoenix SCORE, we have over 72 experienced mentors — many in sales and marketing — who can coach you for FREE! Click here to schedule an appointment.